report overview and purchase information available here
• An analysis of Carbon Accounting/GHG reporting trends and 40 software packages
• 71 pages, profiles of 40 vendors with 25 product screen shots
• Report helps you narrow choices for vendor evaluations in 2009
• Many firms expect increased regulation in States due to the new administration.
• Significant increase in the number of firms reporting, many of the large emitters do not report on voluntary basis. Pressure to report GHG increase for many firms not facing pending regulation.
• The number of firms which will calculate and report GHG is expected to quadruple in the next 2 years.
• Less than 5% of firms use commercial software. Spreadsheets will become inadequate as regulation and cross-company emissions comparisons requiring improved accuracy increase
• Ownership of GHG data in EHS, but increasingly dotted line to CFO as part of key financial reporting.
• CIO and CFO perceive risk tracking and managing sensitive data on complex spreadsheets prone to error.
• Leading EHS vendors such as ESS and IHS, offer GHG product modules. Promising new products from startups and non-EHS vendors, but not all startups are funded and not all firms have deep EHS experience.